Windows Updates Downloads and Buring Image

RobCharles1981 22:09 15 Jan 2008

Hi

I've just currently formated my comp and I read somewhere on this forum about some sort of addional way to download the updates in form of a patch if you follow me?

And just to be certain as well I made a snapshot image using Acronis TI9 of where I reinstalled XP because I don't wont to go through the long process and I want to plant this image on a DVD-R is that ok to do??

Many Thanks
Rob

RobCharles1981 22:43 15 Jan 2008

bump

birdface 22:57 15 Jan 2008

Hi if your computer does not download the updates there is two programs that may help.click here click here

birdface 23:00 15 Jan 2008

The usual way is with Microsoft up-dates,Those two click here's that I posted were only to be tried if Microsoft up-dates would not install,And might not be the thing that you are looking for.

RobCharles1981 23:13 15 Jan 2008

No I remember someone posting a link where all of the updates where saved to a file.... I can't think on what it was called.

brundle 23:17 15 Jan 2008

Autopatcher, shut down by Microsoft in August last year. Still available with a bit of hunting though

birdface 23:18 15 Jan 2008

Hi sorry Rob.I cant think either.Don't blame you for trying it would take a long time to download all of your up-dates.

RobCharles1981 23:27 15 Jan 2008

Nope is pooped

As for made of my computer I can just burn the image onto the disk? Sorry about this I'm being blonde!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?