Windows Updates

alcudia 12:58 05 Sep 2003

Just taken advantage of some very useful info provided by Powerless to get all the Windows Updates in one go and save them to disc. However I don't know what I already have as I havn't used it for a while. Does it matter if I should try and install one that I already have. Probably not, but I'd like to be sure.

leo49 13:00 05 Sep 2003

It probably wouldn't matter but if you run Aida32 it will list your installed updates and Hotfixes

alcudia 14:04 05 Sep 2003

Thanks.

Stuartli 14:08 05 Sep 2003

Reinstalling any updates won't make any difference - I do it quite often after forgetting which ones I have installed after coming across a desktop shortcut that should have been deleted..:-)

alcudia 14:12 05 Sep 2003

Thanks to you as well.

Leo49. Just downloaded Aida32. Looks quite a capable program. Thank you.

jorf 08:56 11 Sep 2003

How do you download the updatesto disc? At the moment windows update freezes before it lists the updates any ideas.
Thank you

alcudia 10:43 11 Sep 2003

Sorry, it was a bit involved and I didn't save the details. Desperately trying to find the earlier posting as I need to do it again on another machine.

alcudia 11:58 11 Sep 2003

Just worked it out for myself.
Go to microsoft.com and click windows update on the left. Then Click Windows Update Catalog, again on the left.
Choose Find updates for Windows O/S.
From the list choose the final entry. Windows XP SP1 and click Search. Choose Critical updates and service packs.
Choose the ones you want by clicking Add and then click Go to download basket.
Choose a folder on your hard drive and click Download now. Accept agreement and down they will come.

GroupFC 13:17 11 Sep 2003

I think this is the post you were thinking aboutclick here

alcudia 13:45 11 Sep 2003

Thank you very much. I will make sure I keep it this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?