Windows update problem with configuring

Scubadupa 13:39 25 Apr 2015

Hello Recently i bought a new ssd. I wanted to have my windows installed on my ssd since the faster boot. I installed windows on my ssd, but i at some point i messed up in formating my old hdd. I don't think that this is the problem since i formated it later on. I changed my installation file from my old ssd (c:) til my hdd (f:) by going in to regedit. The path was "HKEYLOCALMACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current version. Then i changed the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir (x86) til a new location. My old location was my ssd drive, (C:) then changed the path to my hdd (F:). Now when i shut down my computer, windows updates 175 files, but i when i start up again, i get an error saying something went wrong in the configuering of the updates, restores updates. I get this problem everytime i start up my computer. My question is there a wat to fix this, or would it be easier to reinstall windows on my ssd?

Scubadupa 13:43 25 Apr 2015

Another minor problem i have. My google chrome shortcut on my desktop, disables after i have opened up google chrome. It says the shortcut does not exist. I installed google chrome before i changed the installation path

bumpkin 14:32 25 Apr 2015

I would wait for other replies on this but when I reinstalled Win7 to a SSD it only took about 10mins.

Scubadupa 14:36 25 Apr 2015

So did it for me, but i messed up in the part of making my hdd my primary drive for installation and downloads, so i tried to do it this way, and i think i messed up in trying so

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 25 Apr 2015

you have change the registry path to the program files folders but have you actually moved the folders to F: ?

I have windows 8.1 ona SSD but have left the promagramfiles alone (on the SSD) "Users" has ben linked to the HDD so documents pictures etc. are on HDD not SSD

Programs are all custom installed to the HDD except for those that will only allow install to c:

This all allows a lean windows installation on the SSD thus gives fast reponse and easy imaging of the SSD.

Scubadupa 15:00 25 Apr 2015

At this point i only have these click here click here click here click here click here files installed on my hdd, all of my windows files are installed on my ssd click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?