Windows Update Problem

winksey 21:10 16 Sep 2003

I am unable to update from the Microsoft Windows Update site, I can scan for updates,I have installed a security update but when I try to install I.E 6 service pack 1 the download progress window come up and goes straight to the end as if it has loaded and then I get the no updates were installed try again message. I have looked at the troubleshooting but can find nothing that relates to this problem.

the lone cloner 21:24 16 Sep 2003

have a look at click here you may find your answer there.

winksey 21:29 16 Sep 2003

Sorry mate I should have said I am running Win Me.

winksey 22:47 17 Sep 2003

Just tried to install latest Windows Automatic Update and got the same problem.

rev.bem 22:54 17 Sep 2003

This might help.

click here

billy 14:14 28 Sep 2003

I am getting same problemwith Me.Msoft tellsme I need to update teh update software.I do this,then it repeatedly asks me do it.Thier site says there is a problem with XP, but does not mention Me.Any ideas?

MichelleC 14:44 28 Sep 2003

Sometimes reinstalling windows updater clears this conflict.

billy 17:39 28 Sep 2003

MichelleC or anyone else - how would I reinstall windows updater. I do have two PCs wand updater works on one. They both run Me, is there something I can copy across?

MichelleC 09:02 29 Sep 2003

Does it say anything in add/remove under ie, can you revert to previous or repair then update?

BTW I think the reinstalling updater is an older fix come to think of it.

billy 19:40 29 Sep 2003

Thre is nthing in add/remove and I can get nothing frm the msoft site. I'm stuck

MichelleC 09:27 30 Sep 2003

Ok, try this: To repair the Internet Explorer, you can always try the long way round? START/ PROGRAMS/ ACCESSORIES/ SYSTEM TOOLS/ SYSTEM INFORMATION/ TOOLS/ INTERNET EXPLORER REPAIR TOOL.

If this won't kickstart it we can try something else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?