windows update not working

pcill 15:55 12 Mar 2010

Help when I go on to windows update I get the message win update cannot display the page the web page you are trying to view cannot be displayed I have done start>run typed services .msc autoupdates is set to automatic any help thanks?/

iscanut 16:03 12 Mar 2010

What browser and version are you using ?

pcill 19:00 12 Mar 2010

its win xp on a dell desktop

iscanut 20:23 12 Mar 2010

It would help to know what web browser you are using such as Internet Explorer 6,7 or8 or Firefox ( version ?), Google Chrome , Opera..etc

birdface 13:02 13 Mar 2010

If using IE7 try Dial-A -Fix it does not work with IE8.
Or maybe Download Malwarebytes free update and run it just to make sure there are no nasties on your computer.

pcill 17:26 13 Mar 2010

we are on google with norton 2010 installed also cannot open email attatchments

pcill 14:35 14 Mar 2010

Help when I go on to windows update I get the message win update cannot display the page the web page you are trying to view cannot be displayed I have done start>run typed services .msc autoupdates is set to automatic any help thanks still the same i tried disabling nortom 2010 to see if it was causing the problem but still the same any help pls

pcill 16:50 14 Mar 2010

ANY HELP PLEASE

iscanut 20:05 14 Mar 2010

Have given up as you have not yet told us what browser you are using !!!! You say " we are on Google..." Do you mean Google Chrome browser as if so, your best bet would be to try IE8 or Firefox !

birdface 09:26 15 Mar 2010

presuming that you are using I/Explorer go to tools.Internet Options.Advanced and press reset.
That resets Internet explorer to its original condition but you will have to go back and enable some of your add-ons.

If using Internet Explorer what version are you using.
press help on the toolbar and then about Internet Explorer that will tell you what version you are using.6 or 7.or 8.

pcill 12:03 15 Mar 2010

using internet explorer 8 did tools int options reset still the same ?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017