Windows update last night, PC wont load now

yyekiM 11:09 03 Mar 2016

So last night I shutdown my computer but there was a update with that aswell, This morning when I go to turn my computer on, It loads up MSI and then i get a black screen with a White blinking line at the top left of the screen, It wont load up windows ive tried restarting my pc aload but i can't find any answers, I know little about computers.

Any help is appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:04 03 Mar 2016

op system?

if 8 or 10 then attempt to boot at least 5 times and winsows should then detect a problem and boot to the advanced tools (REcovery enviroment) where you can try a startup repair or a system restore.

lotvic 18:36 03 Mar 2016

I've got Windows 7 and had same this morning when booting up. Took ages for the (hidden) update to install. It had 14586 changes to do. I only knew it was doing that because I'd added the “VerboseStatus” and put its value at 1 - dword registry key that makes pc display what process it's doing (I'd been having a shutdown problem and wanted to find out what was holding it up - turned out it was windows update service not shutting down properly, so I've disabled it from constantly checking for updates)

wee eddie 18:58 03 Mar 2016

Is there any chance that, when you shut down, you also turned off at the mains?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone