Windows update help needed

tonyx1302 17:46 15 Jan 2006

I have d/loaded ' Security update for Outlook 2003 KB892843( 1 of 1 )' from the Windows Auto Update but I cannot get it to install on my pc. Every time it starts to install okay then stops and tells me 'the following download was not installed. I have tried installing through the turn off mode etc but not successful. My machine keeps telling me that I have a d/load awaiting installation. How can I please...a/install the d/load or... b/get rid of it as it becoming very annoying by continually telling to install the prog ?
XP Home with SP2

Many thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 18:13 15 Jan 2006

^ Bump ^

Now the Footie has finished on Sky, hopefully someone can help please!

With thanks

Tony (an Arsenal fan)

PC Bilbo 18:20 15 Jan 2006

This download is to do with junk mail filtering and replaces an earlier download fron Nov 2005.

Try a manual install from here click here
and see if that works.

tonyx1302 19:16 15 Jan 2006

Thanks PCBilbo. Just tried your suggestion but not succesful as it tells me that a newer update has been d/loaded and should be installed

Tony

Mytob 19:37 15 Jan 2006

Iv had similer probs with the update system. I just turn off automatic update as its just annoying i find. As for how to install it im not sure as i have never got around similer probs. Hay its outlook in the end a hell you should not be using such a crap app in any case. If you dont use it just ignore that one as its not critical. If you do may i suggest using mozzila thunderbird instead or even better web based email like me as they tend to be more secure.

PC Bilbo 08:04 16 Jan 2006

Sorry in researching, I inadvertently gave you wrong link.

This one will let you try to manually download KB892843 click here

PC Bilbo 08:07 16 Jan 2006

Should also have mentioned this patch should only have come up on auto update if you have already downloaded outlook 2003 multilingual pack otherwise I can't see that you really need it.

tonyx1302 10:45 16 Jan 2006

Hi PC Bilbo. I have just checked and I haven't installed the Multi. ling u/date but for some unknown reason my pc has d/loaded the patch KB892843 for it.

I have done as you suggest but it confirms the above but I still have the update awaiting to be installed and get keep getting reminders !

Any thoughts on how I delete the unneeded and wanted patch please.

Tony

rsinbad 10:54 16 Jan 2006

why not remove update from add and remove, then reinstall again, may work

tonyx1302 11:30 16 Jan 2006

Sorry rsinbad cannot do that as it's not installed yet so does not appear in Add/Rem. The update icon is just sitting in my Start task bar telling me it's awaiting installation and continually reminding me!!!

Tony

rsinbad 12:03 16 Jan 2006

sorry got wrong end of the stick, if you left click on the install sheild do you get any options?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?