WINDOWS UPDATE FAILURE

rotormota 09:25 17 Dec 2006

Hi,
Since yesterday I have had the Windows Update icon in the system tray but it is stuck on 0% progress. I have Automatic selected.

Trying to manually download from the WU site is also not working.

Is this a temporary Microsoft service problem? Anyone else got the same problem?

Regards,
J

FatboySlim71 09:35 17 Dec 2006

Have you tried to double click on the windows update icon to see what update has failed, I think that there is an option after you have done this so that this update won't be included next time there is updates, it may be worth not doing the latter to see if like you say 'Temporary Microsoft service problem'

rotormota 10:32 17 Dec 2006

The problem seems to be the service itself.

There are currently 5 updates available to me but they are all 'stuck' at the Microsoft end so to speak. Nothing will download through the auto update setting or alternatively going direct to the update site.

Clicking on the icon has no effect apart from showing the bubble 'Downloading Updates-0%'.

birdface 11:13 17 Dec 2006

Cancel automatic up-date,See if that helps,Go into Microsoft up-date,Update History,And check if you have had 5 updates recently,They have had a little problem recently by sending duplicate Up-dates,

sconedd 11:30 17 Dec 2006

Hi rotormota, I have just had my system automatically updated with no problem, I have been getting a notification about updating to IE7 but have been putting it off, I thought the automatic update might have included it, but it did'nt. Hope this reassures you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone