Windows Update does not update

Jonah(without the whale) 20:20 25 Sep 2009

I have automatically received the windows XP update KB954430 and my machine appears to action the update, either when I log off or when I set the express radio button. However, the update never happens and the update procedure happens again each time I use the computer. There are no error messages.
I have checked the Microsoft site for any help, but there does not appear to be any solution there. Any ideas?

GaT7 20:29 25 Sep 2009

Try downloading & installing it manually click here. G

Jonah(without the whale) 13:09 27 Sep 2009

Thanks Crossbow7 - this seems to have done the trick, So my lesson is, if an update does not complete or behanve normall;y, manually install. Thanks again.

Jonah(without the whale) 20:43 28 Sep 2009

Well, all seems OK in that the update is loaded manually, but stil my computer wants to upload it again and again - it's as if whatever needs to be loaded to tell Microsoft the job is done, is not present. Any more ideas please?

Sea Urchin 22:46 28 Sep 2009

Before manually downloading the update I would suggest uninstalling the update you already have. Do this through Add/Remove Programs and make sure the box at the top Show Updates is ticked.

Jonah(without the whale) 14:57 29 Sep 2009

Thanks Mr Urchin
I'm at wok right ow, but will do as you say later.
Many thanks

Jonah(without the whale) 08:58 30 Sep 2009

I have done what was sugested - unintsalled the update and the re-installed - all is now working well. Thanks all round for your help.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017