Windows update continually reinstalls same update

Akinbiyi 08:16 04 Jan 2007

I have been using Windows update for years without any problem. My settings are "download and ask before installing". Now after installing Windows Defender update 1.14.1950.9, within 5 minutes of the update finishing, it asks me again to download the same update...and again..and again. I have run Registry Cleaner to try to flush out the problem, but no success.

Andsome 08:24 04 Jan 2007

I have to ask, has WD EVER found any Malware on your computer? This program seems to have many flaws. To date, I don't know anyone who can say that this program serves any purpose at all. There are many far better Anti Malware programs. A Squared and SUPERAntiSpyware for examples.

Akinbiyi 08:30 04 Jan 2007

I do use other spyware programs, but I am assuming that this is a Windows Update problem which will recur with any update WU tries to install.

Technotiger 08:49 04 Jan 2007

Hi, I agree with Andsome ... and this so-called Update does appear only to affect Defender. I would advise you to get rid of Defender.

Cheers

skidzy 08:57 04 Jan 2007

And another here who does not like Defender,again same advice.Uninstall Defender,run ccleaner then reboot click here

I have recently added SpywareTerminator to one of my systems after a recommendation from a forum member.This has been running quite happily for around a month now.Free 100% Real-Time Protection as opposed to the AVGAS that has a realtime trial period.click here

johndrew 12:43 04 Jan 2007

I had a similar problem with a windows update click here which was resolved by advice as you can see. Perhaps a similar route would help you. The update details will be available at the MS update site under `Review Your Update History` if you don`t have them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?