Windows Update 814078 (latest one)

oljol 04:38 27 Mar 2003

I installed the above Critical Update - PC restarted - all OK.
I then went back into Windows Update to see if I needed anything else. *I got a dialog box saying I needed to download Visual Basic Scripting Support.
Hmm...did that, then screen continued to load - and flagged the above Critical Update again.*
Well, I did that, restarted PC, went back to WU page again - and the whole thing between * and * began again. If I cancel the Visual Basic Scripting support box, the WU page stops part way through.
I also got it when my browser opened to load the PCA site (this time I'm not forced to download it).
Does anyone know what's happening? I have Windows98, IE6.

Djohn 05:09 27 Mar 2003

Have you downloaded the correct version, as there are different one's for each O/S. J

oljol 05:44 27 Mar 2003

Yes - I don't think it lets you do the wrong one (This was a normal automatic Critical Update notification). It said it was for W98 & NT.

babyxinxin 06:00 27 Mar 2003

is it necessary the repair or update package?is it a test version?can u uninstall it now?
it is a danger to update ur windows operation system,if u decide to update,u may wait a moment to see others how to u~~~.
now,the best way is re-install ur OS.

oljol 04:04 30 Mar 2003

Well, everything's been OK for the past few days, so I'll resolve this. I'll be interested to see what happens on the next Critical Update.
Thanks for your help, everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires