Windows update

Davella 11:46 10 Jul 2008

It appears that the latest Windows update is causing problems. In my case it was my firewall (Zonealarm). Theres a work around on Zonealarms site. click here
Hope this helps.

Procrastinus 12:48 10 Jul 2008

Thank you Davella, fixed the problem for me.

GBL 13:01 10 Jul 2008

Thanks it seems to have worked for me too, but will tell later in the day as that is when I had the most problems, but alot quicker now.

Damarc 13:02 10 Jul 2008

With no internet access I didn't know what to do so first of all contacted Virginmedia in case it was their fault. They knew of the problem and told me to ring Microsoft. I asked if I should uninstall the rogue security update and was told under no circumstances to do so because it could completely crash the system. So I went onto Microsoft who told me to uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm and again I shouldn't uninstall their security update - naturally they would say that, but that was two against one so decided to uninstall Zonealarm to find that my original disk now wouldn't work for reinstalling so am without a security suite at the moment aaaggghhh. I have found quite a few nit picking glitches with Zonealarm [like anti-virus turning itself off and me having to reset the whole programme again to avoid continual security alert popups] so have now opted to buy Norton's version. Can anyone tell me if an OEM software disk has a shelf life??? It just wouldn't read but other disks did so I knew it wasn't the drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?