Windows update

Granddad Ray 11:02 06 Apr 2007

When I switched my computer on there was an icon that idicated that there was a Windows upate. I naturally clicked on this and the update was installed and the computer restarted. On restart the following Windows report headed 'TRHDCPL.EXE - Illegal System DLL Relocation' came up. This said 'The system DLL user32.dll was located in memory. The application will not run properly. The rlocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reseved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL'. I used Goback to revert to the before the update but every time I boot up, the update occurs. What can I do?

VoG II 11:05 06 Apr 2007
  VoG II 14:18 08 Apr 2007

By e-mail

My query is with the Windows software. I am runniing Windows XP Home (SP2 version). Everything worked perfectly until I received an update notice from Microsoft. The update was done and on boot up the DLL error report that I have detailed was displayed. I used GoBack to to the computer to take the computer to a time before the Windows update but it makes no difference the DLL error message comes up everytime I boot up

============================

Download the patch click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone