Windows Taskbar - Toolbar problems

mattyc_92 13:12 02 Apr 2006

Hi, to start off with, sorry about how long this post is...
I have formatted my computer a few days ago due to various problems I had with many different programs.
Anyway, after I formatted, I activated windows, installed all my programs (taking about 5 hours). Then I started to setup all the "Limited" accounts. All of a sudden, I noticed that the "Windows Media Player" toolbar for the Taskbar (the blue bar running, by default, right accross the bottom of the screen) was missing. Along with "Address", "Links", etc.. toolbars.
I then logged off and back into my Administrator account and done the routene run command "sfc /scannow" (without quotations) and done virus and spyware scans. Everything was clear. After about 3 hours of messing around, I formatted again.
I have the same problem....
click here for a screendump of the problem

I have done a google search on this, but I couldn't find anything to help.
Have any of you any idea?

As usual, thanks in advance

PS.Running Windows XP Professional + SP2

VoG II 13:22 02 Apr 2006

Try this click here

Stuartli 13:24 02 Apr 2006

If you right click on the Task Bar you should get the Menu up to Customise the area as required.

I'm puzzled though about you calling it a Windows Media Player toolbar for the Taskbar.

If and when you open a Windows or browser page the Toolbar at the top of the page(s) should appear - again you can Customise by right clicking on an empty area of the bar.

mattyc_92 13:24 02 Apr 2006

Cheers VoG™
Should I also run this tool in the limited accounts as well as my Administrator account?

VoG II 13:26 02 Apr 2006

Try it in the admin account first.

mattyc_92 13:28 02 Apr 2006

I mean this click here

I took that screendump from my Administrator account, BEFORE running the tool VoG™ suggested. You can see that I have ALL the "toolbars" on this account (and any other administrative account), but not on limited accounts

mattyc_92 13:48 02 Apr 2006

I have tried that tool in my Administrator account and it didn't help. So I tried it in the limited accounts. Still nothing. I rebooted and then tried.

The tool doesn't seem to do anything. :(

mattyc_92 16:31 03 Apr 2006

I have formatted my computer once again and tried using "AutoPatcher Febuary 06 Edition" and just downloaded the few newer updates throught Windows Update. Everything is now fine
I guess it was a problem with AutoPatcher March 06 Edition (which I forgot to say I was using, sorry about that)

Anyway.... Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?