windows starting

User-CC451423-468D-451F-9CBC223C3471A828 09:20 26 Jan 2006

suddenly my computer (xp os).. developed an annoying problem.
every time I starts the computer it comes and tells me to put the disk on to finish the installation... the only way that I can get it out is by pressing ctl alt del keys and bring the task master... I am sure that I have not started any installation..
any help

thank you
mani

chub_tor 10:14 26 Jan 2006

What disk is it asking for? Is it the XP disk or a programme that you have tried to instal? Or have you looked at data on a CD or floppy and it is asking for that?

chub_tor 17:18 26 Jan 2006

Please try to reply via the forum rather than by email as it helps for others to join in and add possible solutions.

I have added your email reply here:

"Hi thank you for your reply.. It is just asking me to insert cd rom.. each time it ask different program disk which I dont have a clue..I did noy try to install any program recently. I checked for virus. nothing.. thank you for your time regards "

If you can't identify which programme disk it is asking for then try putting in any old CD into the drive when prompted, often this will be sufficient for the problem to go away and it may finally show what CD installation it is trying to finish.

Do you have a CD or DVD writer? Have you recently written to a disk? Finally if you can look at My Recent Documents you might see that you have opened a file on your CD/DVD drive that is tring to open again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?