Windows is staring up

dawid_dadis 13:22 17 Nov 2005

When i start my Windows xp Pro evertyhing is allriglht untli one moment. When i says "please wait" "windows is starting up" than he doesen`t want to do anything. The hdd`s are not working (i don`t hear them) safe mode is working. Reinstalling windows is working (already did) not helping. What can i do (formating is not the way that i really want to use) Can somebady help me??
Thx....

rawprawn 13:37 17 Nov 2005

Can you start from "Last known good configuration"

dawid_dadis 23:19 17 Nov 2005

Thesame problem. Is just standing still... But on safe mode when i press start-->run and then I write restore i got the windows with restore points but it is empty there are no points, don`t know why:((

Skyver 23:23 17 Nov 2005

Put your XP CD in, restart and press any key when it says "Press any key to boot from CD" - follow the options as if you were going to install XP fresh, whe n it gets to Repair Current Installation, do so.

dawid_dadis 00:06 18 Nov 2005

already did it but it is was working for 1 time i could start windows totally but only one time. After reboot again it is doing nothing

Skyver 06:37 18 Nov 2005

Run a memory test click here.

Find out the manufacturer of the hard-disk and get some diagnostic software from their site - this ought to tell you what drives are installed click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?