windows security alerts

De Nada 19:15 15 May 2006

when i turned on my pc, the red shield appeared in the task bar saying anti-virus was not being monitored, when i went to the security centre i found that my firewall had been disabled also,i have zonealarm firewall,avg anti-virus,i clicked on windows firewall and it started,ran trojan hunter,installed antivir,i have run everything on my pc, but it is finding nothing,i dont know what to do next,thanks,

skidzy 19:26 15 May 2006

Is your AV upto date ?...Normally this will happen if you have not updated AVG recently.
Update and reboot

Forgive me if you are upto date.

De Nada 19:36 15 May 2006

thanks for responding, yes i check for updates everytime i log on, on the zone alarm centre under antivirus monitor it says it is not doing so,and is greyed out,

De Nada 19:45 15 May 2006

i have just looked again at zonealarms control centre, and it says that the feature has expired after one year,and wanting me to upgrade,

skidzy 19:46 15 May 2006

Maybe trying a reinstallation of AVG and Zonealarm will cure this,maybe you have a conflict going on somehow....
Have you downloaded anything lately that may be causing this issue.

De Nada 19:50 15 May 2006

i cant think of anything, i will uninstall them both and try again, thanks.

skidzy 19:51 15 May 2006

Uninstall all Zonealarm features,use this to clean out any redundant registry values. click here

Reboot

Download Zonealarm free click here

You will have to spend a little time configuring Zonealarm again.

De Nada 20:00 15 May 2006

i may have to sort this out tomorrow,but i will let you know how it goes thanks again,

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:31 15 May 2006

Check the date on your computer. The same has happened 3 times this week when peole ahve accidently moved the date. (dbl click on date in taskbar and it appears on screen - if you move to check a date in the future and click OK by mistake it will change to that date)

G

De Nada 13:34 16 May 2006

checked the date and time and all are correct,removed zonealarm and did a search of the registry, re-installed but it is the same as it was, on zonealarm it says anti-virus not being monitored and underneath it says feature has expired,i am using windows firewall at the moment,should i try another firewall? thanks in advanced.

De Nada 16:29 16 May 2006

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?