windows script hosting

n4165si 13:00 18 Mar 2008

I have attempted to install a programme on my computer and the Wizard stalls at

Windows Script Host is disabled on this machine . contact your administrater.
Can someone please advise how i enable this feature

Eric10 13:53 18 Mar 2008

click here and take note of the downsides to Windows Scripting Host before proceeding.
If you still want to enable it then scroll down the page to the section headed: "How to disable (or re-enable) the Windows Scripting Host".
Your program may only need it during setup in which case it could be disabled again afterwards.

n4165si 14:13 18 Mar 2008

Eric10
i see the dangers of enabling this service, under your click here i would need to have a Norton Anti -virus software installed, i have script hosting on my system , would i select New to enable when selected and then disable when i have installed my programme, under Folder Options?

Eric10 15:20 18 Mar 2008

You download the program "noscript.exe" from the section that I indicated but you don't need Norton Antivirus to be installed for it to run.
If you run "noscript.exe" when Windows Scripting Host (WSH) is enabled on your PC it will tell that it is enabled and will give you Disable and Cancel buttons.
If you run it when WSH is disabled then it tells you it is disabled and gives you Enable and Cancel buttons.
Once your program is installed you can run "noscript.exe" again to disable WSH.

n4165si 16:56 18 Mar 2008

Eric10
when i ran it it stated that Script hosting was enabled ,did i want to disable it, i am at a loss as to why other software states that script host has been disabled on this machine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?