Windows Scheduled Task

R.C.M. 20:50 01 May 2006

I'm unable to get the Windows Scheduled Task manager to work - I would like to get the program to start defrag, disk clean and disk check but I get the message error 080070005: Access denied. Can someone explain how I can get this or another similar program to run.

Many thanks

skidzy 22:26 01 May 2006

Try scannow,this will help you. click here

skidzy 22:28 01 May 2006

Just a thought,you may get more help with this if you ask the FE to move this across to the helproom.Or close this thread and start a new one in the helproom.
Good luck

R.C.M. 11:10 02 May 2006

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your kind advice - when you get to my age you go to bed early hoping you will see the next day.

I read the article you guided me too, but to be truthful it was way over my head - far too technical. If I took my time and tried to follow the instructions how serious a reaction would my computer have if I made a mistake?

Is it worth the risk? Or would I be better off leaving my system the way it is?

Thanks for trying to help me.

ade.h 15:59 02 May 2006

Skidzy's link is often suggested by VoG and myself as well, but it applies to a situation in which SFC can't function because its registry entry carries an incorrect path for the CD drive that you are using.

If SFC works, don't worry about that information. You probably already know how to use it but in case you don't; open the Run... command from the Start menu and enter sfc /scannow (exactly) with a Windows XP CD in the drive. It will run silently, without informing you whether anything is happening apart from a progress bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?