windows remembering password

spik 20:43 03 Oct 2005

I recently signed up for wanadoo web mail and the first time I opened it Windows asked me if I wanted it to remember my user name and password.I said no at the time but now I would like it to remember. Can anyone tell me how to get it to work please?

MAJ 20:49 03 Oct 2005

In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > Autocomplete button and tick the "Prompt me to save passwords" option, if it is ticked, untick it, click OK, Apply and OK to exit, close IE, and then go back and tick it again, click OK, Apply and OK again to exit.

GaT7 21:03 03 Oct 2005

If you require more security, why not install a free password manager like AI-Roboform click here.

It will pop-up everytime you need to enter a password in a webform, it can fill username/password fields with a few clicks, & optionally reside in IE (& some other browsers) as a toolbar. It can itself be password-protected for better security (if you rely on it remembering your login details at different sites, do NOT lose this password).

The free version (5.7.6) will let you save upto 30 passwords. click here for a direct download. If you install a later version, it'll only save 10 passwords for free. G

spik 20:16 04 Oct 2005

Thanks for the help. I set it up for a friend so I wont be able to sort it for a few days. I will definitely download a password manager, sounds like a good idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone