Windows Registry Repair problems

sputnick 19:26 13 Jul 2006

I am using this program but am not sure how to establish what is safe to delete.
On occasions I have accepted the found problems and allowed the items to be deleted, but then find some programs need to be re-installed.
Any suggestions please.

VoG II 19:29 13 Jul 2006

Which program?

Try RegscrubXP click here

Click Regscrub finds problems

Let it scan

Click Select all

Click Fix selected problems.

Perfectly safe.

SANTOS7 19:33 13 Jul 2006

If you are scanning and deleting stuff from your registry without backing it up first, deleting the wrong thing may well render your PC useless.
click here
if you want to optomise your registry you will find non better than the prog in the link,good luck...

SANTOS7 19:34 13 Jul 2006

WELL, maybe as good then..

VoG II 19:36 13 Jul 2006

I agree with you, Registry Mechanic is the best and I use it. But it ain't free like RegscrubXP.

sputnick 19:55 13 Jul 2006

Sorry I did not put the program in the message field.
A
I am using Windows Registry Repair Pro from 3B Software.

SANTOS7 20:06 13 Jul 2006

Evening VoG™ use it myself, best bit of software iv'e bought for a long time, we digress, cannot vouch for the prog you have listed sputnick, use the free edition of RegscrubXP if it does not do what you want
you could do no worse than invest in reg mechanic..

sputnick 09:10 14 Jul 2006

Thanks, will get reg mechanic.

johnshaw 15:37 14 Jul 2006

I tried many registry cleaner in the past and the one I kept is CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner. I have used it for more than 2 years and it didn't cause any problem. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?