Windows Problems

Abel 12:53 02 Oct 2007

All sorts of peculiar thing are happening to my machine. Programmes take an age to open; Internet links from my quick launch toolbar and from within downloaded pages sometimes won't connect; difficulty in closing the system because 'iexplore.exe' has problems closing; when ending a programme from within Task Manager, items disappear from the Task Bar and some icons change on my desktop to one's disassociated with the programmes. Having backed-up the entire disk contents with ATI9, to an external drive, will it be possible, after reformatting the dodgy drive to reinstall all the programmes and work files, or will I have to install all the programmes over again? I've run CCleaner as well as scf /scannow to no avail. Windows XP SP2, IE6,1Gb memory, 200Gb HDD partitioned 50/50

Abel

Jak_1 13:04 02 Oct 2007

What antivirus prog are you running? When was it last updated? When did you last do a full virus scan?

Abel 13:10 02 Oct 2007

Jak_1 I'm running AVG 7.5 Anti Virus, which updates daily and I used this programme to run a full scan just days ago.

Abel

Pamy 15:34 02 Oct 2007

you should not have to format the drive as ATI will do it all for you, read the manual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?