Windows problem???

McSquibb 21:37 15 Jul 2006

I need to remove Serif PP11 due to crashing.
Start Control Panel & Add/Remove will not work - gives the message 'This package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows install patch package'.
I have tried to reinstall the disk but drives will not read the disk and it will not load from Start Run.

Cannot see any of this program files on my computer.

Am running WIN XP SP2 - all updates installed. Should I try to run a Windows repair softward and if so - which one?

woodchip 21:52 15 Jul 2006

Have you tried restore ro before you loaded Serif

McSquibb 22:20 15 Jul 2006

Hi Woodchip
Yes I tried restore but it asked for the disk and then the drive could not read it.

Stuartli 22:28 15 Jul 2006

Not used Serif but wondered if there was an Uninstall available from Start>Programs if it is listed.

skidzy 22:29 15 Jul 2006

ccleaner has an uninstaller,maybe it will work from there... click here just an idea

rdave13 22:31 15 Jul 2006

Could you not download it from click here the free download and see if you can then uninstall?

VoG II 22:32 15 Jul 2006

You need to do something like click here

skidzy 22:33 15 Jul 2006

This may update the bad patch,unless you have the latest...therefore maybe trying a rollback click here

Intersting > click here

rdave13 22:38 15 Jul 2006

Obviously not , I tried it. I suggest you contact serif with your problem. Are your drives working ok or is it just the disk? If it's the disk then serif will help with your problem as you will be registered with them. Good luck.

skidzy 22:40 15 Jul 2006

Where you refering to one of my links (Obviously not)

If so,handy to know that someone has tried it

rdave13 22:47 15 Jul 2006

Err had a look at all your links but can't see a connection anywhere? My link shows that there is a free download for page plus 11 resource cd but seems only "free" if you buy another product.

'Phoning Serif seems the best option I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017