Windows PowerShell 1.0

Limpy 14:23 29 May 2010

I have suddenly noticed that I have got Windows PowerShell 1.0 installed in my computer. I don't know how or when it happened. Does anybody know what it is for and how it could suddenly appear.

VoG II 14:27 29 May 2010

It looks like something that you don't need click here

Limpy 18:55 29 May 2010

Sorry VoG I clicked but it did not take me anywhere.

VoG II 19:16 29 May 2010

The link works for me.

Here's an extract

"Microsoft Windows PowerShell is a new command-line shell and scripting language that is designed for system administration and automation. Windows PowerShell lets IT professionals and developers control and automate the administration of Windows and applications. Also, Windows PowerShell is built on the Microsoft .NET Framework."

Limpy 23:14 29 May 2010

So if I didn't knowingly download it, how did it get there and do you think it is O.K. for me to remove it?

Limpy 23:18 29 May 2010

I have just looked at my Add/Remove in control panel and it is not there???

Sea Urchin 23:45 29 May 2010

Did you select the Show Updates box at the top? And it should be listed under Windows PowerShell - not under "P".

Limpy 01:17 30 May 2010

Yeah thanks I found it under Show Updates. So what do you think...just leave it or remove it?

Cymro. 09:58 30 May 2010

I also have Windows PowerShell 1.0 installed. It seems to have become installed among a bunch of other Windows Updates earlier this month. I doubt if I will ever have any use for it but like Limpy I wonder if I should remove it via Add Remove Programs or jut leave it be.

Sea Urchin 15:28 30 May 2010

I would remove it if you are not using it - via Add/Remove Programs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?