Windows Photo Gallery

highside 20:21 12 Apr 2009

Just had one of those moments when a problem appears out of nowhere for some unfathomable reason.
I have my photos stored and organised in the Picture folders and have a short cut to Pictures.
So normally - click short cut - open a folder within Pictures and open an image which opens in windows gallery.
This normally works with jpg, tiff and raw (Nikon raw codec installed)
But after a year of working like this suddenly if I clk to open a Tiff I am taken to all the pictures on the PC in Windows Gallery itself where I then have to search for the photo again and clk to open it from there.(which it does)
NEF & jpg still open straight from the picture folder?
Any ideas please assuming you can see what I am trying to say.

Technotiger 20:26 12 Apr 2009

First 'line-of-defence' System Restore back to when it worked properly.

woodchip 22:19 12 Apr 2009

A Program you loaded may have changed association of tiff files

highside 22:33 12 Apr 2009

Technotiger - will do that but as last resort, I have Norton and to use system restore I found in the past you have to shut down parts of Norton and that causes more problems than you had in the first place. (System restore will go thru the whole process and then tell you it failed)

woodchip, I did upgrade Nikon NX2 but afterwards I associated NEF, Tiff and jpg with Windows Gallery but no doubt this is where the fault lies.

Many thanks for your replies.

highside 12:15 13 Apr 2009

Resolved after spending half a day with System Restore which as usual wouldn't.
For the record I had to;
1) Disable Norton Auto Protect
2) Disable Norton Firewall
3) As found on this site somewhere - I removed the "missing C: disk" from SystemPropertiesProtection menu.

Sys Restore then worked however I had to completely reinstal Nikon NX2 which would not select any images after the reinstal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?