Windows Photo Galery

dalek111 21:22 17 Mar 2009

Hi, I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. When I open am image it occasionally turns black and white and seems to shift about an inch to the right in Windows Photo Galery. My computer is quad core and 4gb RAM with good graphics. Any ideas as to the cause?

All help apperciated

skidzy 22:04 17 Mar 2009

your not alone..... and i thought i solved my issue.

I have various photo software and thought i had nailed it down to a conflict with Photoscape 3.3,wrong...it is not that.

I will watch this thread with interest,as i think this is a MS update thing..not positive but have my suspicions .....ive had this problem for around six weeks now.

Good luck and sorry couldn't help.

dalek111 22:11 17 Mar 2009

Thanks skidzy, and can I ask, are you using Comodo firewall?

I have installed that recently and am wondering if it is a conflict with that

skidzy 22:17 17 Mar 2009

No im not,just the vista inbuilt firewall configured.

If you have the same problem;

basically if i open any pics in WPG it goes to black and white vertical stripes and shifts to the right about a third of the screen basically looking like a negative photo...well sort of.

When i get back on the Vista machine (tomorrow night) i will post a screen shot and you can confirm if the same problem.

dalek111 23:36 17 Mar 2009

Thanks for that, it sounds exactly the same. It occures within a few seconds or opening the image, faster if you move the cursor a lot

Real Image: [url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]

Distorted about 1 second later: [url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]

dalek111 23:38 17 Mar 2009

It is the second link on each line, the first is just advert for my upload site. I should also add that I am using Windows Classic

skidzy 06:44 18 Mar 2009

Yep,that's exactly it dalek.

Will look into this further tonight and see if we can work something out together maybe.

dalek111 10:37 18 Mar 2009

Sounds good. Your not using windows classic are you? Just trying to think of possible conflictions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?