Windows Passwords

prb 15:19 14 Feb 2004

I've recently reinstalled Windows 98 SE. Whenever the computer loads up, it now asks for a network password, since this is a stand-alone machine it really isn't neccesary and just slows boot-up (pressing ok, cancel or escape clears the screen and Windows continues to load). Any ideas how to remove the logon screen?

Also dial-up networking is refusing to remember my logon password. I have a feeling that I've seen something about this before, and that it related to your security settings for explorer however I can't find the details.

Any help on either issue gratefully received.

anon1 16:09 14 Feb 2004

You need to go into network settings via the control panel and change from network logon to windows logon. You will have to restart the computer after. I cannot recall the procedure for dial up passwords but suspect it is to do with windows remembering passwords so security would be a start point

prb 16:19 14 Feb 2004

Thanks, not sure what I did, but dial-up has now fixed itself. Windows logon worked fine.

gaz800 16:22 14 Feb 2004

i think you need to right click network neighborhood and change the primary network logon from client for microsoft networks to windows logon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?