Windows One Care Questions

Expat 1 19:37 27 Mar 2007

I realized that i have put this query in Consumerwatch So I have closed that and hope for some response in the helproom.

1) In read in previous posts concerning Windows One Care That it can only be Activated in the US & Canada. I have been using it for the past 30 days with only a couple of minor glitches.

2)I am in Spain. where does that leave me as to Activation at the end of the 90 days freeby?

3)How much will it cost to activate? $50 dollars has been quoted in previous posts, what does that equate to in £ or €?

4)I have had to disable AVG on my laptop, as instructed after about a week of using One Care. but am running both, AVG & One Care,on this desktop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Expat 1

birdface 20:08 27 Mar 2007

My opinion Windows One Care is not worth the money,Even if it was free I would not use it,Its had some very bad reports about it lately,And if you were to use it You would still need further back up to protect you from what W.O.C. misses.I use AVG Anti-Virus and Spyware,A Squared,Spywareblaster,And Kerio Firewall.All Free.i Think W.O.C. is 29$ to buy,At the moment ,not worth the money,its a good idea,But I would wait a couple of years till microsoft get it right,Once again only my opinion,

Expat 1 20:47 27 Mar 2007

But I have found it quite easy to use especially the tune up and back up facility. I appreciate it's only in it's infancy but can only get better. Eternal Optomist Me !

Will stick with it for the remainder of the free time. Am just interested to know what other users think of it. and obviously the price Have to be a bit carefull with our pensions these days.

birdface 22:28 27 Mar 2007

All the more reason to go with the freebies.Well at least you have got a couple of months to make your mind up,I am afraid its a bit like Norton,You have the ones that like it,And the ones that dont,It would be interesting to see how many like it and how many don't,I think the do not's might be favourite.Dollar to the pound,Cashed in $20 in Ladbrookes yesterday and got the grand total of £9.88.Good luck I hope you get all the information that you are looking for.And look after that pension, like you say it does not go far.

birdface 18:28 28 Mar 2007

@

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?