Windows No Disk error

Cameraman 17:54 27 Apr 2005

Help Please My computer P4 2.53 is running XP. on start-up it shows a window (Windows no disk There is no disk in the drive)and have to click cancel 4 times to get rid of it I have fitted a Multi card reader/USB unit (up to now working for about 2 years )If I unplug this from the mother board start-up is OK I have tried plugging into another plug on the mother board but the result is the same --I fitted a different Hard disc and installed XP and Photoshop to test the reader/USB to test it and it workedso the unit seems OK but why the problem when running now, the problem only started a few day,s ago

Dipso 22:21 27 Apr 2005

I get a similar "No Disk" error every time I update my firewall, Zone Alarm. In my case it starts "zlclient.exe - no disk..." The solution in my case is to uninstall/reinstall the card reader after each ZA update.

Another solution I have heard is to leave a card in the reader but I prefer not to do that...

More No Disk posts click here

Cameraman 00:12 28 Apr 2005

Thanks for the Info I will try this tomorrow it is late now I have only just updated to SP2 which has a firewall so you may well be right
Cameraman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?