Windows - No Disk

Mike 17:34 11 Feb 2007

During Windows XP start-up and has reached the point where i have Icons on the screen, I Get a dialog Box with the heading:-

Windows - No Disk

There is no disk in the drive - Please
insert disk into the drive

Cancel Try Again Continue

There is no indication as to which drive it refers to. I can click on either Cancel or Continue twice, I get the alarm sound each time then the box goes and start-up continues. I could click Try Again forever.

Where do I look to stop it.
regards

Diodorus Siculus 17:39 11 Feb 2007

Can you boot into safe mode? Press F8 at startup till you get the menu.

Rtus 17:51 11 Feb 2007

can we clarify a bit here ,,, is the system up & running or is the problem occuring during windows instalation ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 11 Feb 2007
  Mike 18:42 11 Feb 2007

Diodorus Siculus
If I go to safe mode then what I have 1 HD, 2 DVD, 1 Floppy, 4 mass storage, and 1 Zip.

Rtus,
System up but not complete it like as though it is looking for something incomplete.

Mike 18:59 11 Feb 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/\,

Looks like the same problem but drive No. not mentioned on warning. Only have CompactFlash and Zip that I can put in the removable drives and have tried doing that before.

chub_tor 19:05 11 Feb 2007

Have you recently saved a file or document to a removable disc? If so the system may be looking for it in My Recent Documents. Click on Start and My Recent Documents if you have it enabled and delete the reference to anything that is not on your hard drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 11 Feb 2007

In safe mode MY computer what is your HDD showing as?

Mike 19:07 11 Feb 2007

Drive numbers
A: Floppy
C: Boot
D: Backup
E: Recovery
F: DVD
G: DVD-RW
H: Compact Flash
I: Memory Stick
J: MultiMedia
K: SmartMedia
L: Zip 100

Mike 20:15 11 Feb 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/
In Safe Mode HDD Shown as C:>

chub_tor,

All Recent documents all have their paths correct

At this moment the warning is there I havn't closed it and everything seems to be working. I have opened a number of applications including Four Tabs on IE 7and just for the hell of it opened PowerCinema CH4 The Day After Tomorrow

Rtus 20:21 11 Feb 2007

what size hard drive you got & is it one physical drive youve re partitioned to give the D: Backup
E: Recovery sections or are they additional physical drives

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?