windows net meeting what is it?

patso 19:30 21 Oct 2006

windows net meeting has installed on my pc without me knowing or downloading it.what is it and do i need it?the only thing i can think of is if it downloaded with windows update and installed automatically on a reboot to update.has anyone any idea what this app is?thanks patso

VoG II 19:32 21 Oct 2006
  Technotiger 19:43 21 Oct 2006

NetMtg is a good program for holding video chats, or just plain chats, with friends/relatives in any part of the World as long as they have it as well. Though there are many other programs that do the same thing. It does not hurt to leave it on your pc, even if you don't use it.

Cheers

patso 19:46 21 Oct 2006

thanks vog but this does not explain how the short cut got on my desk top and what is net meeting and what is it for and do i really need it .thanks again

Technotiger 19:49 21 Oct 2006

Net Meeting is just a part of WinXP.

patso 22:40 21 Oct 2006

ok thanks techno and vog.it must have been there all along but im still baffled about how the short cut icon appeared on my desk top as it was not there before.i will explore t he prog in greater detail and leave it so.mant thanks fot the help, patso

patso 19:49 07 Nov 2006

thanks for all the replies and very sorry for posting back so late im an idiot sorry and no offence meant and mant thanks again for the help. patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?