Windows MP 10 not streaming

JWJH 16:16 24 Feb 2006

For some reason WMP 10 has stopped streaming video from the web.

I have tried,

i) Downloading and re-installing it.

ii)Resetting all file types.

iii) Setting as much as I can back to default settings.

I have searched the MS Knowledgebase, and tried all the recommended solutions to no avail. Also I know about other players suvh as Media Player Classic etc, but WMP 10 is my player of choice, and I would like to get it going again. Any ideas please,

ade.h 17:55 24 Feb 2006

You haven't mentioned what file formats you have had trouble with.

wbiggchiefy 23:59 24 Feb 2006

JWJH
Personally when streming from the web I would forget WMP - it seems to have all sorts of problems wit DRM etc. My default is VLAN which is available at vlan.org and never lets me down no matter what type of file.
Hope this helps

Chiefy

JWJH 10:56 25 Feb 2006

Sorry for the delay in replying.

ade.h, can't play anything, (excluding real player and quick time obviously) I get sound, but the movie stops on the first frame, even though it states "playing", I can download the movie, double click on it and it will play, but it used to buffer it and then play whilst downloading.

wbiggchiefy, I tried going to vlan.org but it is all in French, and as I can barely read English ;-) I couldn't find a link to asses the program, do you have an English link please?

JWJH 12:59 25 Feb 2006

^

Anyone?

JWJH 16:48 25 Feb 2006

Why does WMP10 not buffer and play an MPEG clip from the web. What application do I need to play them.

ashdav 19:32 25 Feb 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone