Windows millenium

misters 18:50 14 Feb 2006

Hi i was given an old pc today and its full of crap pardon the french i was just wondering what was the best course of action to take full format or what, i dont have any disk though.

Forum Editor 18:59 14 Feb 2006

you're answering your own question - you can't format the drive.

Clear out the rubbish, defragment the drive, and see what effect it has.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 14 Feb 2006

Crap Cleaner click here will clear alot of the rubbish

palinka 19:32 14 Feb 2006

YOu will find Win Millenium (ME) is fine when you're used to it - and when you've cleared out all the junk.
I have a desktop running ME and a laptop running XP. In my experience both are equally good.

misters 21:13 14 Feb 2006

Goin to give it to my nephew for msn messanger but when i try to install the newer version it say i need ie 6 but each time i try to install ie6 i get a message saying you need to restart pc to complete setup, which is fine but when i do this ie6 has still not been installed, also how do i put the blue ie icon on my desktop, i dont really know anything about this version of windows.

Jak_1 21:17 14 Feb 2006

Try deleting ie5 first and all references to it in the registry, use a good reg cleaner to do this.

I had win me on my last computer, only thing was that it hogs memory and does not like to give it back without a re-boot.

misters 21:33 14 Feb 2006

Can you recommend a good reg cleaner, i'm not really comfortable deleting ie as my bb has been installed.

VoG II 21:41 14 Feb 2006
  britto 21:51 14 Feb 2006

this came in useful me
click here

misters 17:55 15 Feb 2006

Hi i managed to clear out most of the crap i think, so i began to install ie6 which was goin fine then after the installation i was asked to restart pc, which i did but now during boot up i get the message, "Cant Upgrade files %1 to %2
%1:%2".
I get this message repeatily now i cant even get into windows a tall, any suggestions, thanx?

VoG II 17:57 15 Feb 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?