windows messenger loading automatically in outlook

Kingfisher 19:52 11 Jul 2005

Can anyone help me please, If I connect to the internet via windows outlook email program, two things happen, firstly windows messenger auotmatically loads which I do not use, how can I prevent this or better still remove it, I camnnot find it in add/remove programs.
Secondly again if I connect to the internet via outlock , I find myself being disconnected from the internet after a few minutes.
If I connect to the internet via internet explore then none of the problems occur.
os is win xp home service pack 2 512ram 2by 80gig hard drives

Jackcoms 20:21 11 Jul 2005

In Outlook go to Tools; Options; Other. Untick the box which says "Enable Instant Messaging in MS Outlook". Click Apply.

Jackcoms 20:24 11 Jul 2005

Also, in Windows Messenger go to Tools; Option; Preferences and untick the box which says "Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts".

[email protected] 21:55 11 Jul 2005

If you don't use it why no lose it? It just takes up space/resource.
click here
;-)

Jackcoms 20:21 12 Jul 2005

Are you going to let us into the secret?

Has your problem been solved or not?

Kingfisher 22:22 12 Jul 2005

Hi Jackcoms and [email protected] sorry for the delay only just got back to my p.c. yes the problem with windows messenger was cured by the disable program from [email protected], thankyou both for your help.But I still have the problem that if I connect to the internet via outlook it connects ok then does a send and receive o.k and then promptly disconnects.
But if I connect via internet explorer and then access my email via the envelope it stays connected any ideas.
Thanks again

FRANKMAC 02:35 13 Jul 2005

When the Send / Recieve progress window is open, there is a box close to the top, it should say something like "automatically disconnect after send / recieve" .... uncheck this box and your internet connection will be maintained.

HTH
mac

Kingfisher 08:45 13 Jul 2005

Hi cannot find this box anywhere looked through all email ans dial settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?