Windows Messenger GONE?

$ix 11:44 07 May 2006

its just gone?
im running windows xp sp2

ive done a system search and nothing found?

ive had msn live messenger installed for sometime and thats all it has found, ive looked but its somewere deleted itself from the PC??

is there a way to get it back?

VoG II 12:06 07 May 2006
  The Spires 12:08 07 May 2006

On my system Live Messanger version 8.xx overwrote MSN Messenger 7.5.0324 & replaced it.

$ix 14:08 07 May 2006

Vog the link didnt download anything, just took me to a help page

VoG II 14:13 07 May 2006

Sorry - click here should work.

rsinbad 14:16 07 May 2006

As spires say Live messenger overwrites the 7.5 if you want to return to messenger 7.5 you will need to uninstall then reinstall from click here

splatter 23:21 07 May 2006

I think I'm right in saying that you need to understand that Windows messenger and MSN messenger are essentially two seperate programs. Windows messenger is pre-installed by Windows XP and can be installed via the components panel, which is accesed through the add/remove programs control.

Although they are seperate programs, they both server the same purpose. MSN Messenger just has nifty features that Windows messenger doesn't.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Jay

$ix 07:27 08 May 2006

no, that is intirelly correct, i know that, my mum uses msn 8.0 beta and i always used windows messenger, its just that when i went to use it yesturday, it was gone, i searched for it and it just wasnt on the system, it only found msn 8.0, so i tried to use that (reluctantly) and it sais i need to update, which took 10 mins, and after that it was renamed to windows live messenger!

i hate it, and i tried to download windows messenger and it sais i already have a later version!?

my mum WONT let me take beta off, so im stuck...
but how did i have both before???

weird huh?

rsinbad 08:20 08 May 2006

Not sure why you want windows messenger it does pose security risks click here
However if you go to add/remove and select add/remove windows componants then scroll down to windows messenger tick the box then add this should install windows messenger.

regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?