Windows Messenger and Aol's

flobby 12:18 14 May 2003

Hi All,
I am running windows Xp home and have NTL as my ISP and am considering buying 2 webcams 1 for me and 1 for my grandaughter, She has windows ME and AOL as her ISP.
Can we communicate between the two differant instant messaging services. and if so how EASY is it?( I hope it is very easy as she is only 5 and I am stupid, just joking )
Cheers, Flobby

Djohn 13:15 14 May 2003

Communicating between two different "IM's" Instant messaging programs is very difficult but not impossible.

There are one or two, such as "Trillan" that will recognise all IM programs, but probably the most foolproof way is for you to use AIM, the same program as your granddaughter.

You can download AIM and it will not affect your current IM, it's a small download, easy to use and you do not need to be a member of AOL to use it.

Go to the home page of AOL and you will see instructions for the download/install of AIM, choose a user name and you will instantly be on line and on your granddaughter's screen. Lots of expressions and smileys to use. both of you will have hours of fun. Good luck, J.

flobby 14:55 14 May 2003

Djohn. Thank you. Now I will go out and buy the webcams, Cheers, Flobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires