windows message infected files, advice please?

Roy* 21:48 07 Aug 2010

My daughters Laptop (Vista Dell 2009) is giving windows ‘infected’ files messages when she selects any file, giving her the option to install antivirus. She has AVG 8.5 installed but it comes up with infected file messages when you select AVG also. I’m guessing there’s virus so what’s the best thing to do now?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:52 07 Aug 2010

Probably scam ware trying to get you to buy usless Antispyware

What is the EXACT message being displayed?

Roy* 22:25 07 Aug 2010

OK well I've got the lap top with me all sorts are flying up 'windows security alert' application cannot be executed. the file taskeng.exe is infected (there's about about 20 of those) AVG flashing up with muliple threat detection also with antivirus software alert attention ! spyware alert? 34 serious threats etc plus infiltration alert with detals attack from threat win32/Nuqel.E. I tried to system restoe but it comes up with application cannot be executed warning etc.

Sorry that's a load of quickly typed info but hope you gt the gist doesn't look good.

THANKS FOR REPLYING

Roy* 22:29 07 Aug 2010

Also 'Antivir Solution Pro' has come up with a window offering 'purchase full version' not sure how the trial version got there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 07 Aug 2010

download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from these
click here

Rename the setup file, mbam-setup.exe, before you download it. To do that once the "enter name of file to save to" box appears as the download begins in the filename box rename mbam-setup.exe to tool.exe> click save.

1. Double Click tool.exe to install the application.
2. Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
3. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
4. Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan. The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
5. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
6. Make sure that everything found is checked, and click Remove Selected.
7. When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
8. The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
9. Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

If Malwarebytes installed but will not run navigate to this folder:

C:\Programs Files\Malwarebytes' AntiMalware

Rename all the .exe files in the MAlwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder and try to run it again.

Roy* 22:49 07 Aug 2010

OK thanks, so should I down load on this desk top pc then transfer by pendrive as i don't think i can access anything on laptop?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:52 07 Aug 2010

Yes

Roy* 22:55 07 Aug 2010

OK thanks working on it

Sea Urchin 22:57 07 Aug 2010

Full instructions to remove AntiVir Solution Pro

click here

Roy* 23:02 07 Aug 2010

Sorry being thick here can't work out what to click on that link to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malwarethings i tried don't seem right?

Roy* 23:22 07 Aug 2010

o I'm going to try and follow those multiple steps to remove AntVir Solution Pro as I'm sure that's the problem, may take me all night....

Any clue how that AntiVir got into laptop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?