Windows media sharing error 1068

DashinAssassin 01:23 29 Oct 2009

Yea so i want to share media with my xbox 360 but when i try to activate sharing on WMP 11 it dosnt work so ive been checking the services under administrative tools and i try to turn on windows media player network sharing service but i get error 1068 the dependency group failed message

this is probably on here already ive looked at some but that dont fit the same problems as mine.

howard64 06:29 29 Oct 2009

could it be that the system does not have a common workgroup?

DashinAssassin 10:15 29 Oct 2009

im not sure what a common workgroup is, but if thats a possibility how do i go around fixing it or checking if thats so?

howard64 12:37 29 Oct 2009

not a clue regarding xbox but windows networking requires that all connected equipment has to be on the same workgroup. If you right click my computer and then properties - computer name - you will see the workgroup of your pc. Mine is mshome the default is workgroup. If you can get into the settup of the xbox perhaps there is a workgroup setting you can enter.

DashinAssassin 18:43 29 Oct 2009

wait, no thats not the problem here the problem isnt that i cant connect to the xbox 360 the problem is i cant activate windows media player 11's media sharing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?