Windows Media problems.

Stowit 18:39 15 May 2004

I can't seem to play audio files with my media player (other than Beck demo) since trying to upgrade to the latest version (9). I've tried upgrading again & get the following error message when running th setup: The MSACM32.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtClose. It won't let me upgrade. The 2 things may not be connected, but commensense suggests they are. Any suggestions how to proceed?

VoG II 18:45 15 May 2004

Does this help click here=

Wes Tam ;-) 18:48 15 May 2004

A similar problem click here= would indicate your dll has been overridden

Wes Tam ;-) 18:49 15 May 2004

VoG™ could you give me some quick typing lessons please? :o)

Stowit 18:56 15 May 2004

I'm probably speaking too soon.... But it seems to be the nub of the issue. I now just have to read & understand what I'm doing to execute the repair! Thanks for the help chaps, I'll post how I go on when I've tried the suggestion. As I say many thanks Stuart.

Stowit 19:10 15 May 2004

Indeed I was! Can anyone give me idiot advice on how to extract/install this file from my windows CD? I can't even find it! Found it on my PC though, & it seems as old as my windows. I'm running ME by-the-way.

VoG II 19:13 15 May 2004
  Stowit 19:36 15 May 2004

You chaps should be on premium rate. Yet again I have aural pleasure!! - As well as the very tactile relationship with my Pc's keyboard. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?