windows media players starts on boot up?

masterchief117 09:56 20 May 2005

morning ppl. yet another problem, solve 1 theres another. Well here goes, everytime i boot my pc up and windows starts my media player kicks. ive checked the settings and as far as i can tell (basic knowldge i have) its not set to start on boot up. most of the time it shuts down fine but other times it seems to crash and i have to use task manager to shut it down. my os is winXP pro.
By the way cheers ppl for all the help youve giving as most probs i bring here get solved here. thanks

bosmere 10:01 20 May 2005

Have you looked in Start>Run>type msconfig>Enter>Startup to see if it's ticked to start on bootup?

masterchief117 10:12 20 May 2005

sorry i cant see anything in there that looks like media player. But most of it is initals so im not sure what im looking at

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:24 20 May 2005

If during boot, you have a CD in the drive containing media files then media player may be starting due to the autoplay feature.

Micro-Man 13:19 20 May 2005

Look through the Media Player options for references to automatically search for updates and for searching the internet for media information etc.

masterchief117 18:48 22 May 2005

Ive still no luck with this its still booting up ive checked what ppl have said but with no luck. Could i just delete the media player and all its files and load it again, and if so can i get it the web as i havent got it on cd.

cheers

VoG II 18:53 22 May 2005

Download click here

masterchief117 19:00 22 May 2005

cheers mate

BEN MARSHALL 19:11 22 May 2005

have u gt windows media player 10? if so check it has not been added to thestart up section in your start menu! seen as it hasnt in "msconfig" Ps. try Win Amp click here its free and it plays more media types than media player!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?