Windows Media Player wrong track listings!

hawthorn59 03:32 16 Mar 2010

Hi!

I was trying to rip my Garth Brooks cd "No Fences" tonight and got a strange result. WMP lists 11 tracks and 3 bonus tracks. All the tracks are incorrectly labelled. The 3 bonus tracks have no names at all!!!

I then tried to play it using HP Media Smart and it was the same.

When I tried to "find album info" I get the album with just 11 tracks, and one with 10!! How can this be? I searched on for 6 pages of matches but did not find the one I have, which btw is a genuine cd not a copy!

Anyone else got this problem with this or any album?

thanks

h

mooly 07:18 16 Mar 2010

Happens all the time with classical CD's... wrong tracks, wrong artists, wrong artwork etc. The data base WMP uses (on line) iS incorrect.
There is no track data/info etc on any red book standard CD. WMP just looks for a "match" based on track numbers on the disc and length of each, which narrows it down to a specific CD.

canarieslover 09:53 16 Mar 2010

Could be that it isn't the UK market album as that only has 11 tracks. Number of tracks and even track order are sometimes different for other markets.

hawthorn59 12:58 16 Mar 2010

Thank you both! It was so wrong it was amazing! Yes I thought it might be a different version, but though it showed "500" album matches, after 8 pages I gave up! I just typed them in!

I did find before that Media Monkey or iTunes had more accurate database. But media monkey doesnt do enough in the free version so I stuck with WP.

cheers

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache