Windows Media Player "will not fit"

Trikie 18:59 29 Nov 2003

Trying to create a new audio CD from my music files I get the words "will not fit" inserted into every track, even when there is only one track on the compilation. What is going on?

As I have onl;y just started to use this programme I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Some of my music files are copied over from a video soundtrack, others are from CDs. Media Player will play them all no problem.

madPentium 19:20 29 Nov 2003

If you look at the size of the file, what is it?
If you play it in media player, how many minutes long is it and what bit rate?

Trikie 20:14 29 Nov 2003

The single track is 37.2MB, playing time 3m 41s.

Total of 10 tracks is 370.9MB, playing time 40m 40s Presume this should fit a 650MB CD.

A thought - I got the message before I had inserted a blank CD - should I put the CD in first?

Trikie 23:03 01 Dec 2003

Has anmyone else any ideas please?

BarryKeith 23:23 01 Dec 2003

The system does need to check the CD to ensure that there is sufficient space on it for the material you wish to put on it, so it may be an idea to have the CD in the drive to start with. It's easy enough to try it!

Trikie 21:14 10 Dec 2003

Thanks BarryKeith. I've only just got back to this one and put a blank CD in first - Eureka

Why couldn't the message have been something like "no disc" or would that make it all too easy.

BeForU 00:46 11 Dec 2003

blame microsoft for that matter lol! or you could email them telling them to change the error to that!

Stuartli 09:39 11 Dec 2003

Presumably because there is no disk inserted it is being taken that the available capacity is zero, hence the error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?