Windows Media Player slowing and becoming glitchy

onza40 10:19 02 Mar 2008

Hey guys, now that I got vista fixed with some help from everyone on these forums. I have noticed that WMP has become laggy.
20 seconds (or so) before the end of a song, the playback stalls a couple of times in a jerky manner for 3 seconds then plays normally to the end. I have no crossfading enabled but I assume the issue is something to do with loading the next song for playback as it also takes longer than usual to load songs when I double click them.
It's not like I'm low on RAM or processor power either, looking at my dual core monitor in the sidebar I have 1gb of free RAM and like 90% of both cores free.
I've tried running as admin to see if it made any difference but to no avail.
I have my music stored on C: and my vista partition is D: but this has never given me any problems in the past so I don't see why it should now.
Any ideas?

Thatslife 11:11 02 Mar 2008

Have you tried using a different program eg real player/itunes/vlc to listen to your music.

If so do you experience the same symptoms?

onza40 12:23 02 Mar 2008

I'll have a look with real player now. I don't mind using players other than WMP but the glitchy thing is odd and I'd prefer to get it sorted than to work around.

onza40 16:08 03 Mar 2008

Alrighty, Real Player did the latest update and is now broken and won't run at all.
Help plz.

Jake_027 14:24 04 Mar 2008

^

onza40 09:18 20 Mar 2008

Real Player working, media player still glitchy at best, its never done this before which is why I find it odd, I've made sure it has the correct permissions to access the folder and I've even tried running it as admin, someone must know whats going on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?