windows media player -problem

MAD_MIKE 20:23 26 Nov 2007

hi there,i have the latest version +updates of w.m.p running on xpsp2 untill recently i was able to burn music files to cd but now when trying to do it -load blank cd,drag files to burn pannel,click on 'start burn'then at the top of the pannel up pops the message'cnnect burner and restart player'. any thoughts on what could be wrong? thanks in advance, mike.

Technotiger 20:31 26 Nov 2007

Hi, well as a start I think you should more or less do as it says - ie, check your connections especially ide cables, they do sometimes work loose.
Though no doubt other members will come and give their suggestions too.

skidzy 21:23 26 Nov 2007

Something to check Mike;

Start / My Computer / Right click the cd drive and select properties / Recording / Check there is a tick for Enable cd recording on this drive.

Failing this,check your connection as said by Techno.

Hi Techno,hope your well mate :-)))

Technotiger 21:27 26 Nov 2007

Hi skidzy - been a bit up-and-down lately, that's why I have been a bit intermittent on here. Thanks for asking.

MAD_MIKE 21:44 26 Nov 2007

thanks technotiger & skidzy cheked both and i can record with another cd burning prog but i like to use media player as can scroll down and slide tracks off as wanted.

ps tecnotiger i think you should refraze you comment to skidzy,some might take it the wrong way,but get better soon.

Technotiger 21:51 26 Nov 2007

See what you mean .. LoL

Cheers.

Perhaps if you run CCleaner click here and then re-install WMP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?