Windows Media Player problem

LAPTOPBABE 09:23 16 Nov 2007

Hi, I have little red crosses next to some music files I downloaded from Tesco.com and they wont play on my pc only on the laptop. My daughter wants to be able to play them upstairs on her PC but it keeps coming up with a box which says web help. I have tried reinstalling WMP 11 but nothing works. i have also followed all sorts of advise on the internet but still no go. I rang tesco they told me to re download, still no good. Then they suggested i start again, so I bought one of the tracks again, still no good. Someone please help, before i go mad!

Technotiger 09:32 16 Nov 2007

Have you clicked on the red X's to see what options you are then given re the error?

Technotiger 09:37 16 Nov 2007

Might also help if you download/install the latest XP Codec pack.

click here

LAPTOPBABE 09:40 16 Nov 2007

Yes it's COOD11B1 error code, but I have tried what that says apart from 1 thing which i don't know what they are on about. I can't see why the tracks should work on the laptop and not on the PC. At one point something came up about licenses, but if they play on the laptop they should play on the PC. It has got to be something which is wrong on my PC. I have just had to do a reinstall due to my keybourd and mouse going wrong, PC Performance told me that would fix it which it did, but ever since then I have had this problem.

Technotiger 09:43 16 Nov 2007

Have you installed the latest Codecs?

LAPTOPBABE 09:49 16 Nov 2007

Just done that i think. Will report back.

Technotiger 09:49 16 Nov 2007

but if they play on the laptop they should play on the PC. It has got to be something which is wrong on my PC. .........

Not necessarily - laptop's Codecs could be later version than PC's codecs.

LAPTOPBABE 09:59 16 Nov 2007

No still no good, although I am not sure what I should have downloaded. I ended up downlaoding divX something or other. What do I actually need from the list?

LAPTOPBABE 10:01 16 Nov 2007

Sorry for being so thick, I don't know about this technical stuff, good at setting up wireless networks though!!

Technotiger 10:08 16 Nov 2007

In my link above - click on the Blue box to download and install All the codecs - it is a full Codec pack. Codecs are needed for all Audio and Video running on PC's.

LAPTOPBABE 13:01 16 Nov 2007

I have downloaded the codecs and even bought a brand new song and tried that and still no joy. Any other ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?