Windows Media Player and Palm OS, which device?

RADDISH33 12:17 01 Jun 2004

I have a Tungsten T3 useing Palm OS. Real One Player is already on the Handheld(T3)but it freezes during use on the Desktop. I have updated Windows Media Player to WMP 9 but when I click 'Copy to Device' it says device not showing. I check the Microsoft web site for 'Cool Devices' but Palm OS is not listed, does that mean that I cannot use WMP. Does WMP need to be installed onto the handheld, if so how can I action that. I am also having a Hotsync problem with my cradle (sometimes it works and sometims it doesn't which could be a memory problem)but I think that is for another thread.
I have Windows 98 SE.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Stuartli 14:45 01 Jun 2004

You will probably need to download a different version of WMP that's suitable for your Tungsten from:

click here

RADDISH33 15:42 01 Jun 2004

Thanks Stuartli, i'll give it a try and get back to you.

RADDISH33 16:27 01 Jun 2004

Thanks Stuartli for the link, but I got the following error message when I clicked on the WMP download box for Version 9, for Windows 98 SE 'Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The required site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later'.
I have just checked to see what version I have and it looks like I have already managed to update to V9 via the 'Check for version updates' in Help. I have noticed that in WMP 'Tools' 'Download' 'Portable devises SPs' this takes me to WMP website for 'Cool Devices' but neither Palm nor Tungsten are listed. I take it that my Handheld will not be compatable.

RADDISH33 16:34 01 Jun 2004

Stuartli, I have just had another look at the link that you gave me and I see that there are downloads for other Handhelds, but alas not for mine. Thanks for responding.

Stuartli 17:59 01 Jun 2004

click here

click here

Haven't got time to search any more. Free online access ceases at 6pm...:-(

But one of the WMP9 versions should be the right one, even if it's only WMP8...

Stuartli 18:01 01 Jun 2004
  RADDISH33 18:25 01 Jun 2004

Thanks again Stuartli. I'll have to take a look at these later. I'll get back to you with result.
Thanks for taking time out to search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?