Windows Media Player no longer plays my music trac

johnpalmer 12:19 25 Jun 2017

My PC is a Dell running Windows XP (Oh dear I hear you say).In the last month the Windows Media Player no longer plays some of the music in its library. When I try to play a track a new internet window opens up with the message "The license cannot be downloaded because your Web browser is not supported.To download a license, you must install Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later". I'm currently running IE 8. Any ideas please.

mrwoowoo 22:37 25 Jun 2017

Had this a long time ago when I used to download tunes from Tesco music onlne. The license is issued to your PC. If you change your PC after downloading music from an online source it won't recognize the PC the license was issued to, and therefore won't allow you to play it. You will either have to download them again or get in touch with Itunes help desk or whoever you downloaded your music from to see if they are willing to allow you to download again . Perhaps you can just re download them for free, as they usually allow you to do this 3 times after purchase I believe.

johnpalmer 13:19 26 Jun 2017

most of the tunes have been downloaded from CDs I own, and I have not changed my PC since loading any of the music tracks.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires