windows media player irritation

Sethhaniel 10:22 07 Jul 2006

play my music in skin mode
but as soon as I plug in USB memorystick etc it goes to Full mode and wants to synchronise -
have set all controls in prog for it not to do that but to no avail - is there a reg tweak to stop it???

All iwant is to have background music while I work without it acting like an annoying popup all the time :0

ACOLYTE 12:33 07 Jul 2006

Plug the Memory stick in before you open media player?,dont know if it would work but may be worth a try.Another thing is have you tried having media player on the task bar player it should still play,dont know if it show skins in this mode though.

Sethhaniel 12:47 07 Jul 2006

'skin mode' but in classic style -
USB sticks in continual use swapping from one to other throughout my sessions - think even in tray mode it would pop up to try and synchronise etc,.

Sethhaniel 11:30 12 Jul 2006

^

SANTOS7 11:38 12 Jul 2006

to keep it in skin mode i think you have to apply a skin rather than keeping it in classic style....

Sethhaniel 14:31 12 Jul 2006

will try that
and let you know ;)

Sethhaniel 09:26 13 Jul 2006

no luck -whichever skin is on - as soon as I plug in a memory stick the player opens in full screen wanting to synchronise

Sethhaniel 10:12 21 Aug 2006

have reverted back to openning the files in mplayer2 they all play the same -but no irritating extras ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?