Windows Media Player corrupt no audio

evanbbbb 09:47 24 Mar 2014

Hi. I am currently copying VHS tapes to my laptop via a video to PC software program. After real time copies have been placed into my windows video library. For some reason the audio will not play through win media player,the video is there but no audio. However,the video plays fine thru Vlc Player and other media players. It worked fine before in the past. I'm wondering if win media player has become corrupt. Can't find any way to uninstall it and reinstall it, anyone any ideas! Cheers

Evans

Read more: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 24 Mar 2014

It means that windows media player does not have the correct codecs to play the audio..

The free klite codec pack should sort out the problem or cotinue to use VLC player

evanbbbb 10:29 25 Mar 2014

Your right Fruit Bat,it was to do with a missing or corrupting codec. I had downloaded an xvid codec (can't remember what for) also Windows 7 codec pack. I removed the xvid codec because it was causing missing DLL errors, that initially did not solve the problem, then uninstalled Windows 7 codec pack and finally the audio returned. Ive since reloaded Windows 7 codec pack and is still fine. Im still not sure though,after downloading Windows 7 codec pack whether it automatically integrates with WMP or wether your supposed to do so set it to work with WMP manually yourself. I wouldn't say i'm a neophyte with computers but i'm no expert either!

evanbbbb 10:33 25 Mar 2014

Also,would you recommend Klite codec pack over Windows 7 codec pack? And have you heard of Shark007 Video Codec Pack for windows. If so, I wonder what your thoughts might be....

Cheers

Evan

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 25 Mar 2014

not heard of shark007

I have used klite in the past that's why I recommended it has more codecs than win 7 pack and also contains windows media classic player which I much prefer to the overbloated media player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?