windows media player

mermaid25 16:44 10 Oct 2006

we recently had windows reinstalled. Everything was backed up to an external drive (F).
downloaded media player 10 again and then got the music from F (hubby cant remember whether files were 'copied' or 'moved'). did this last week and was able to play music.
however when he tried to play something today he kept getting error messages,all different.... some say there is a plugin error,.....some say cannot find file- it has been renamed or deleted or the path is incorrect. when you press a track to play an ! appears next to it and then all the others one by one even though they were not clicked on.
any ideas?

mermaid25 21:02 10 Oct 2006

.....and another thing...have tried to open the folder 'my music' on back up drive 'F' and nothing happens ....when I check on task manager, it says 'not responding'.
any suggestions....

Jak_1 21:16 10 Oct 2006

WMP by default will look for music in the 'My Music' folder on the C drive. First thing is to check that the files are still there or have been moved.

mermaid25 21:39 10 Oct 2006

files were moved from 'my music' on C drive to 'my music ' on F drive before the windows reinstall. They weren't put back on C drive afterwards . we just reinstalled WMP 10 and then did search for music and then all the files were (copied or moved) from 'F'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone